Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? YOU could create meaningful employment opportunities for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities! This is your chance to touch lives!
As AdvanceCare’s Employment Specialist, your job would be to match individuals eager to work with employers in their community. You would contact potential employers, work closely with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, maintain a database for employment, oversee client billing, and perform other employment duties as required. This is a hybrid position. You would work part of the time from home and part of the time in the community. The job includes a variety of tasks; every day will be different, and you’ll always meet new people! You must have high-speed internet and a perfect driving record. This is a full-time position.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company car (must have a perfect driving record)
- Collaborative work environment
- The opportunity to touch lives!
- Provide employment opportunities and services to individuals with disabilities receiving DIDD and ECF services.
- Assist the individuals with their resumes, interview skills, and vocational assessments.
- Provide job placement that aligns with individuals’ vocational goals.
- Develop a rapport with employers in the community. Establish a trusting working relationship with employers who provide competitive employment opportunities in an integrated setting.
- Accept employment referrals from TennCare Managed Care Organizations (MCO), including Amerigroup, BlueCare, United Healthcare, and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Attend required employment training held by Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) and Managed Care Organizations.
- Complete the required training to remain certified, such as the CESP.
- Oversee Job Coaches and Job Developers.
- Meet with individuals in their homes, jobs, community, etc., and travel for employment services in the surrounding counties.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6 months to a year of experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of Developmental Intellectual Disabilities (DIDD) and Employment Community First (ECF) services.
- Complete required employment reports and submit them to the appropriate parties.
- Resume writing skills & job matching.
- Ability to work in templates & person-centered training.
- 8-hour shift day shift, Monday to Friday
- Driver’s License
AdvanceCare recognizes that all people have the right to live a full and productive life, which includes: having a home, access to employment, enriching activities, and participating in the community groups and related activities of their choice. We also acknowledge that each unique individual may desire stimulating and fulfilling experiences and those that foster independence. With this in mind, each employee, provider, and/or contractor of the AdvanceCare team is charged with helping fulfill each individual’s needs, wishes, and aspirations to the best of their abilities. We are mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented.
AdvanceCare’s Core Values are team-oriented, can-do spirit, compassionate, passionate, and continuous improvement. Visit our website for more information: www.tnadvancecare.com
Email your resume to: email@example.com